Sunday, January 8, 2012

What My New Year’s Resolution Should Have Been….

Every year when I’m thinking about New Year resolutions I’d like to set, one that always crosses my mind is…. Should wake up early every day (talking before 8 o’clock here folks) to make the most of my days *especially on those days that I don’t even bother to set the alarm clock.  
Well, here we are 8 days into the 2012 and it turns out I’ve kept this resolution every day, guess I should just say that it was my New Year’s resolution all along, but we all know that’s a lie.  Dexter is the reason Kyle and I haven’t slept more than 3 consecutive hours and he’s the reason I’m up every morning at 6 AM (6:30 at the latest on Friday)!!!  
So, this morning when I woke up at 7:14 I was shocked!!!  Then I fought through the morning grogginess and remembered that the last time I had taken Dexter out was a little before 2 and I hadn’t heard him nor had I heard Kyle get up to take him outside since then.  So, I did what any normal person would do…sat up and nudged Kyle… "Hey, hey, Kyle….wake up!  When  did you wake up and take Dexter out last night?  I didn’t even hear you.”  When Kyle let me know that he hadn’t woken up at all to take Dexter out during the night.  I PANICKED!  Ohhh my gosh Kyle, he’s dead!!!  I threw off the covers and darted down the stairs, my mind racing with all the horrible possible things that could have happened to the little guy.  But then I turned the corner and he was all snuggled up, sleeping soundly as ever.  I did double check to make sure he was breathing, but then headed back to bed (until 7:40 - resolution still in tact).  Team Dexter = 1 point!  


Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment