Well I’ll admit that when we got there, the window attendant informed us that the slopes were slow because of the fresh powder, and he told us to check out the runs out before purchasing our tickets. So we were somewhat warned. Kelc and I did peek out and saw that the snow blowers on and that the tubers weren’t zipping down the runs, but I told her we should do it for the experience, “It's really a lot of fun….I promise”. Plus, there were a pretty good number of people (including small children) tubing, so I figured it couldn’t be that bad. We bought our passes and grabbed our tubes and headed up. What the window attendant forgot to mention in his “warning” was the knee deep snow we would trudge through everywhere, the fact the we would only make it down 1/2 of the run and then pull our tubes through thigh-high snow the other 1/2 (lot of good the snow boots did at this point! The snow blower mist hid this downfall before we bought our tickets) and that because of this it would take us 45 minutes to make it back to the top. Nor did this fellow mention that there’d be an icy-snow mixture pelting us in the face from the snow blowers. It resembled the Alaskan wilderness more so than a tubing park. Gheeesh!
When we got to the bottom after the first trip down, we were covered in ice (mainly Kelcie’s hair), both of our faces were bright red (imagine a 3-day sunburn RED here folks), our eyelashes and brows were frozen and white, our faces were covered in what I would call a “misty dew” but in reality it was semi-frozen water concoction from the snowblowers that blasted our faces before turning to snow (OUCH). We had snow and/or ice EVERYWHERE, the top-half due to the blowers and the bottom from the snow gobbling us up during our trek down the bottom half of the run (that’s probably a nice way of saying we might have fallen a couple of times due to suddenly stepping into a “snow hole” that was waist deep).
I apologize in advance for some of the incredibly blurred/ice-covered lens pictures…its hard to get a good shot when frozen water is being blasted at you from every angle and you can’t feel your fingers. Awhhhh….what a memory!!!






No comments :
Post a Comment