It meant the world to me to have my sister here the past few days... I love this kid so much and enjoyed spending every second with her (even during those seconds where I was being tackled in the snow). Sure, maybe, technically... she was here to meet Dexter :-) but, still I'm glad we're so close and so happy she was brave enough to visit “snowy” Ohio during the winter season!! This was definitely an impromptu trip, booked Tuesday night and Kelc flew in on Wednesday! True story: the unexpected, spontaneous things are the best! Well, when she flew in…there was no snow! With a record being set that day for the “most no-snow-on-the-ground-days” for the season. So, while there was no snow on the ground, I gave Kelc a tour of the new neighborhood and casa, took her to see NEOMED, we enjoyed dinner at Pancho & Lefty’s, which has some scrumptious mexican food, taught Dexter a new trick, ate Monkey Bites (which are super yummy--I’ll have to post the recipe later), and just caught up….Good Times! But then on Thursday night, in the midst of some serious 42 playing…You’re asking how we played dominoes with only 3 people…Well we were playing dominoes with Rocky (via Skype) -- yes this seriously happened and I’m not going to lie it was absolutely awesome. It’s amazing that because of technology, if you need an extra player for a game of 42, you can just video chat and have them there with you right at the table. Anyway….it started snowing…and snowing….and snowing…..and it hasn’t stopped yet. So come Friday we took full advantage of our winter wonderland here in Kent. These photos are from Thursday night but mostly Friday (9 AM until 2 AM). No lie! We were the epitome of what you would think 2 girls from Texas would do when it snowed ALOT! We sledded before I left for class (with make-shift sleds), we sledded and had a snowball fight when I got home from class (actual sleds this time…very addicting), we sledded when Kyle got home, and we sledded when we got home from tubing. Honestly, in Ohio everyone just hates the snow and thinks you are plum crazy for playing in it, so until this point, I had been tubing and slid down a hill or two on a sled…but I’ve never had a snow day fun day! It was amazing (and cold) and I’m sure all of our neighbors think we’re insane or taking illegal substances. Either way…the past few days we’re perfect and even though Kelcie just left a few hours ago…I miss her already! **Our snow tubing adventure at Polar Express in Boston Mills/Brandywine was an epic failure. Rather than gliding down smooth tube slopes & laughing, or maybe enjoying a hot chocolate by the outdoor fire…we instead faced an Alaskan Tundra. Blog to come in the next few days with the details… Hooray for snow on Cherry Lane!
Notice I’m covered in snow…its not from falling off my sled.
Sled Slope #1
Sled slope #2
looks like a blast!
ReplyDelete