Now a bit of backstory. I’ve been talking about a Weimaraner for about 1.5 years now, but really laying it on (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) for the past 6 months or so. Kyle and I have been talking about getting a dog for quite some time…he wanted a Husky and I a Dalmatian. But then he introduced me to this gorgeous breed and I feel in love immediately...how can you not with their gorgeous blue eyes and silky silver coat. SO…I just knew that their was going to be a puppy with a red bow under the tree for me this year…but then there wasn’t and my heart was so, so sad.
To make a long story short. Kyle had to come back to Ohio on the 27th for work. And from that point on whenever we’d talk, I’d joke about things like, “Make sure you let the puppy out” or “I’m so glad excited to spend New Years with YOU + the puppy” (secretly trying to see if there was a puppy waiting for me there). And I’m going to be honest….None of my tricks worked. I was certain I wasn’t getting a puppy and I was figuring out a way to tell Kyle (nicely of course) to take my gift back and work on the “puppy situation”. Anyway, Kyle picked me up from the airport on the 31st after a day full of delays and flight cancellations. It was a long day and I was tired and not on my “A-game” so when we walked in the house I was like…”Kyle, what’s that smell? Did we forget to take the garbage out or something”? And then I heard it…a whimper that was unmistakably a puppy. I swear my eyes hurt that night because they must have gotten so big at this moment. It was probably the most unexpected (at this point in the game) and greatest surprise. Couldn’t have pinned a more wonderful way to start off 2012!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!


No comments :
Post a Comment