Friday night felt as if we were driving the snowy course on Mario Kart – all we needed were turtles for defense! Since a Level 1 snow emergency had been issued, we kept it simple and didn’t wander too far away from Polaris. First stop – Sonic! I’ll explain. The Sonic cup from the Limeade I had earlier that day was still in tow when I picked Jessica and Kristin up. There are no Sonics in Chicago, so after spotting the cup, they made it a requirement that we go everyday….and we did (no lie!) After our Sonic fix, we ended up at Murphy McFlips and had a flipping good time. The thing about it is something wonderful happens when we get together. It doesn’t matter what we do, where we go, or who we meet; we have a blast - laughing at inside jokes, reminiscing about good times, catching up on life, having spontaneous dance parties, you know the usual. We play off each other like French-fries and ketchup and I really miss having these two around everyday.
Its safe to assume that we slept in Saturday morning and the three of us woke up to coffee and Advil. We had lunch at Katzinger’s Deli in German Village and then we were off to Mad River Mountain – Ohio’s premier ski/tubing resort. Since it is about 45 minutes outside of Columbus, we ended up stopping at a gas station for a drink. Kristin and I ended up purchasing Dakota Dan hats. Don’t judge…How can any sane person pass up such a remarkable, yet overpriced, diamond in the rough? Mad River Mountain was impressive, and we had a blast zipping and twirling down the mountain in our tubes (One point for the, “Why I like snow column”, bringing the current total to one). That night after dinner, we headed to the “Arena District” and danced the night away.




Sunday was like hitting a Grand Slam in the bottom of the ninth inning. We started by going to the Orchid Forrest Exposition at Franklin Park Conservatory, which was a real treat. The hand-blown glass was exquisite and the flowers were gorgeous. We of course dressed to impress with flower headbands and coordinated Argyle sweaters. Afterwards, we headed to the famed Thurman’s CafĂ©, which has been a landmark in German Village since 1942 and only has 13 tables. Usually the wait time is well over an hour, but lucky for us we were able to snag three seats at the bar. We artfully wrote our names on dollar bills and added them to the wall (which is a Thurman’s tradition), had a photo shoot, and enjoyed a couple choice brews along with delicious food. We somehow extended “stopping in for fried pickles” into a five-hour long dinner, and left with some ridiculous pictures, a tatoo (temporary), a lot of food, and a Thurman’s sweatshirt.
Five-thirty came way too fast Monday morning. I dropped Kris and Jess at the airport on my way to class and that was the end to our weekend adventure. I had a blast and miss those hussies already!!!







No comments :
Post a Comment