Kyle and I have called Kenyon Square home this past year. Kyle actually made the decision that this would be our first residence together all by himself. So, the first time I laid eyes on the new casa was out of the window of the Penske truck we drove from Texas. That’s what you call trust!
It’s been great, except for our upstairs neighbor’s thunderous, late-night, curling practices (usually starting around midnight and going until 3:30ish). Funny thing is that we found out last month from maintenance that the mystery sound isn’t any of the things I’d pegged it as: jumbo floor piano, log-rolling, building a torture device, shockput training…It is really a dog treadmill that he puts his pets on – NO JOKE! On top of the midnight pet conditioning, the management at Kenyon Square is a mess and I have a disgusting forty minute commute (back-and-forth) everyday for classes. So, even though I have packed and moved every one-two years for the past seven years, it looks like I may be doing it again.
We have been looking at places for the past couple of months with our realtor, Jessica. Initially, neither of us really knew the where-to-be and what-to-do of Columbus, but it is actually a lot like Austin, with its Hyde Park, South Congress, and Territown areas. So, we are looking in Victorian Village, German Village, and the Short North districts, which are closer to downtown and about five minutes from campus – YAY!
On this edition of House Hunters, the three choices are (at least for now):
#1 – House renovation in German Village.
#2 - The former Ohio Furniture Factory building, which was built in 1848, has been stripped and is being converted into 21 lofts, each of which is customized.
#3 – Stay at Kenyon Square.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)




No comments :
Post a Comment