Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Campus Shooting

I was completely shocked this morning while studying at the library.  I received an email from the Ohio State University emergency notification system titled: OSU Emergency - 2 dead, 1 injured in campus shooting. Apparently a disgruntled university employee shot two co-workers and then himself early this morning (3:30 AM) in a maintenance building on campus. Multiple shots were fired and although there were six other employees in the building at the time of the shooting, no one else was hurt.

After reading the email and then reading other reports from The Columbus Dispatch, I promptly decided that studying at the apartment for the remainder of the day was a good idea. Even though the shootings had happened in the wee hours of the morning and there were no students harmed, I left with an uneasy, insecure feeling.  My thoughts and prayers are with the victim’s family, as well as with the recovery of the second victim and others involved in this terrible event.

No comments :

Post a Comment