Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luck of the Irish

If you are going to be sending at letter anytime soon, you might as well send it to: 376 W. 10th Avenue Columbus, OH 43210. Why you ask? Well…a majority of my life these days is spent confined to the mundane, mind-numbing, beige-ness (walls, carpet, shelves, chairs, blinds, even trash cans…no joke) that is Prior Health Sciences Library. I’d take a picture to prove my point regarding the obvious love of beige the interior decorator had in 1978, but the medical students that study here are sticklers. You can’t even open a pack of Twizzlers without someone getting their panties in a wad, so I can only imagine the dirty looks I’d be the recipient of if I snapped a few quick photos while tip-toeing to the water fountain.

With finals starting this week, I am now just referring to the library as my second home and have started to imagine the rows of medical research journals as my wall art. On days I don’t work, I’m here starting after my first class which ends at 8:30, until my eyes won’t stay open anymore (of course leaving in-between for my other classes) and then back to the apartment for some shut-eye.

Saturday night, after a quick workout with Nicole, I was strong-armed…I mean persuaded (cough, cough) that I should take the night off from studying and go out for a Pre-St. Patrick’s Day celebration. You see, I have a final Thursday morning at 7:15 and won’t be able to catch a glimpse of any of the parades or Dublin festivals on Wednesday. Since a majority of events started this past weekend, Jeff, Nicole, Kyle, and I headed to The Claddagh for dinner, a mug of green Guinness, and the background vocals of an age-old, Irish band, The Drowsy Lads. It was a great night out on the town and our teeth were only green until the next morning from the food coloring. Hopefully, a bit of Irish luck rubbed off for my finals this week!!

No comments :

Post a Comment