Saturday, February 4, 2012

Going for a Walk...

Dexter and I typically take walks around the neighborhood, either around a couple of blocks or along the lake.  Whenever I can find time between interning and school (and it isn’t dark outside when I get home) and the weather isn’t gross…we hop in the car and drive to the hike-and-bike trail (which is where I normally bike here in Kent), which is a nice change of pace... 
Well….this past week the weather here was uncharacteristically, absolutely gorgeous (up in the 50’s and no snow!)  so we actually got to go for walks every day!  On Tuesday I got home in time to take Dexter for a walk…only there wasn’t time for the car ride to the trail before it got dark, so I decided to venture out into the wooded area behind our house.  I found out from one of our neighbors that there are a ton of 4-wheeler trails throughout the woods around Bradylake and figured if I could find one it’d be interesting to see how Dexter would react to not being leashed and being surrounded with squirrels and birds.  So, after about 5 minutes of fighting through overgrown brush and getting cut up by thorn bushes (really only I had a hard time…Dexter is still small enough to crawl beneath most of it) we made it to a trail which led to another and another.  It is actually pretty awesome.  
So, on Wednesday afternoon, Kyle cleared a trail from our backyard to one of the AV-trails near our house and we’ve been trekking through the woods every day since.  **I wish I had a “before" picture of what this "now-cleared" path looked like.  But who takes pictures of overgrown wooded areas...
Photobucket

1 comment :