This past week we were thrilled to have family with us here in OHIO! Betty and Jimbo arrived Saturday afternoon and were able to witness firsthand Ohio’s typical dreary weather, that consisted of rain, cold, and absolutely zero sunshine. On the bright side….At least it wasn’t snowing! Luckily the bad weather only lasted one day and didn’t “rain on our parade”. Kyle and I were a bit worried at first that we wouldn’t be able to deliver our best hosting because of having class or work here-and-there during the week. Luckily it was no problemo! I think we were able to check-off all the swanky, yumm-o joints that Kent has to offer. We visited Beckwith Orchards and brought home some delicious apples, played tons of 42 (still have a scoresheet on the fridge that we’re not to proud of), enjoyed a few adult beverages and played cornhole at Rico’s in Brimfield, had lunch at Franklin Square Deli, window shopped in downtown Kent, enjoyed a beer at Ray’s Place, took a road-trip to Warrenton, enjoyed an impromptu, early birthday dinner at Wasabi, had a cookout during which the rain ruined our fire pit and hot apple cider plans.. We had an absolute blast and I can tell you that Dexter misses them a ton (I don’t know if they’d say the same for him though, hehe :) I always feel like when we are with family the time is always too short. It flies by and we’re definitely looking forward to being back in Texas and not 2,036 miles away from our friends and family.
A big thank you to Betty for the great pictures!
Community garden @ Beckwith Orchard. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!
@ Wasabi
Of course….Kyle slyly mentioned it was my birthday to the waiter. Which came with the following repercussions: wait staff singing happy birthday, a delicious birthday dessert, and a not so delicious sake bomb (taken after much bludgeoning from the table).
@ Rico’s
And awesome birthday gifts which I even got to open early. YAY!













No comments :
Post a Comment