The past couple of weeks on my drives to-and-from school and work, I started to notice a ridiculous amount of chairs sitting out in the middle of people’s yards here in Portage County. Some looked like they were prepping for a campfire, but most were just old, ratty, empty chairs. Weird-o, I thought. But seriously, my exact thought…These folks need to class it up a bit more if they’re going to put chairs out on display like Christmas decorations!! Its almost like the chairs were reproducing and populating the front yards in Kent, Ohio.
Lucky for me I solved the mystery of the “Front-yard chair infestation”…
President Obama spoke at the M.A.C. center at Kent State University Wednesday afternoon…and If you watched Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention…I’m sure you’ll understand the heartfelt, warm-welcome President Obama received on his ride from the Akron airport. Now, any of you who know me know I’m not one to discuss or argue politics. But the amount of chairs in this city right now was just way to ridiculous to not…Enjoy the following photos from Kent, Ohio.
This was what you saw roadside on Wednesday in preparation for President Obama’s visit.
Portage County TEA Party placed empty chairs around the county for President Obama’s visit this past Wednesday to symbolize the empty promises President Obama has made since his election. There are several of them and they are 8 foot high, vibrantly colored chairs (you can’t miss them…seriously).
@K.S.U.
And my least favorite thing about elections here in the “swing-state” of Ohio…The mailbox full of mailers. These are the 3 I was so happy to remove from my mailbox, walk up the driveway, and deposit into the garbage can today. Geesh, what a waste of time, money, and trees!!!










No comments :
Post a Comment