Sunday, April 17, 2011

Plumber Please...

I wish this post wasn’t a possibility, but since S%#* happens…I thought I’d share.  This house was built in 1925 and all the pipes drain through one central pipe that runs from the 2nd floor into the basement (even the gutters…something about avoiding freezing) Anyway, last Tuesday it stormed here.  I was in the basement getting towels from the dryer and I heard a “squish, squish" with each step.  UhOh!  I found the source forming the “mini-kiddie pool”  in our basement = one large metal pipe spraying water.  So, I told Kyle and Kyle called the plumber.  The next day when I got home from the library I was told I wasn’t supposed to shower until the pipe was replaced.  Apparently, it was an old pipe and had cracked but then rusted closed a couple of times - approximately 4 feet at this point.  Eeeek!  Anyway, since the plumber wasn’t coming until Friday - I might have snuck in a few, quick showers, but now I’m left with this beauty until the dry wall is replaced.

Sorry I didn’t capture the mini-kiddie pool in our basement - I was in the middle of finals and the whole kiddie-pool + hours of a plumber drilling chalky, drywall and metal pipe + “No" showers was not something I really wanted to remember.





Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment