The fishing trip I took last week with my Dad and Uncle Jimmie has resulted in what I can best describe as “molting”. I don’t think I’ve ever peeled from sunburn this badly. Even my ears (on the inside, not just the top) are peeling! But even if it may look like I have a skin disorder currently, at least my skin isn’t “Casper White” anymore… I’ll admit I’ve gotten a few strange glances and the, “Oh my gosh, what happened” or “Are you okay” questions at school this week if someone spots my ears, forehead, or arms. Which just reiterates that Ohio needs more sunshine. Who can’t recognize a sunburn-peel?
Anyway, I’ve really missed the sun…and my skin has obviously not seen any in awhile. With two native Texans living in the snow-belt, sunshine isn’t the only thing we indulge in when we make it back to Texas…there’s Blue Bell ice cream, Mexican food, menus without "en – chil – a - da” followed by a definition, LoneStar beer, crawfish, staying up late just to get every minute of time with friends and family (I don’t think there’s been a trip we returned from “rested”, bluebonnets, playing pitch, a game of 42, two-stepping at a dancehall, a good country song, good drivers, Freebirds, barbecue, and Whataburger (had to throw those 3 in for Kyle), HEB (seriously), people waving as you pass them on the road, being able to go swimming in a tank, drinking beer on the back porch or maybe a tailgate, dirt roads, not having to lock the car, going to Church and singing out of a good old fashioned hymnal, Y’ALL, getting UT football games on TV, pecan pie, floating a river, and a speed limit above 65. As you can all see there’s a lot to miss about Texas and it’s really the small things that make "everything bigger in Texas”.







No comments :
Post a Comment