Yes, it was a gross hour of early when I crawled out of bed this morning! But with a blizzard to shovel out of and the Road "slip-N-slide" to battle through, I had to set my alarm clock to a non-preferred hour. With four finals this week, I really wish that Mother Nature would give me a break. I don't want to have to deal with make-up exams being scheduled for next Monday….because I am flying to Texas on Saturday!
I never knew you could have so many weather-related Warnings and Advisories: Until Wednesday the following are in effect for our county: WINTER STORM WARNING, Level II Snow Emergency, Wind Chill Advisory, Lake Effect Snow (8-12 additional inches today), Wind Gusts @ 35 MPH, 1/2 mile visibility, and wind chills may drop to 5 or 10 below zero at times through Tuesday, especially during the late night and early morning hours.
Seriously, when did Kent turn into Antarctica?!?!?
Luckily, I got this lovely notification this morning:
“The NEOUCOM campus is closed TODAY (Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010) due to inclement weather. All classes, day and evening activities will be cancelled.
NEOUCOM was the only school to remain “open” as of last night, and I’m guessing that the following 2 announcements finally persuaded them to postpone finals:
- The Portage County Board of Commissioners has closed all County Governmental Buildings for Tuesday, December 14, 2010.
- Sheriff Doak has issued a Level 2 Snow Emergency for Portage County. Extreme caution should be used when driving, and drivers should only travel on the roads if absolutely necessary or in the event of a personal emergency.
So…I’m going Sledding today!!! I figure, if you can’t beat ‘em…JOIN ‘EM!!!!
No comments :
Post a Comment