Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When Kyle's Away...I'll Ride my Bike

Home Alone

Kyle is in Wilmington, Ohio for a company shoot-out this entire week. No worries, I’m keeping plenty occupied.

Kelcie and I have been thinking about riding in Pelotonia this August. Pelotonia is a grassroots bike tour with one goal: to end cancer. Pelotonia raises money for innovative cancer research at The OSU Comprehensive Cancer Center/James Cancer Hospital (which is where I am working doing breast cancer research). By committing Kelc and I would pledge to raise money for our ride and then finish the 102 mile ride from Columbus to Akron August 21st.

I decided that at two months out, it would be a pretty good idea to hop on my bike and test the water. I must say the trails here in Columbus are pretty awesome. Today I rode the Olentangy River Bike Trail – which I will definitely be going back to, it was a great find! I also found a nifty app on the good’ole iPhone that tracks my ride, pace, mph, etc. Who knew!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment