Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Night in Akron with Katie

On Saturday I made the trip to Akron to stay a night with Ms. Katie Welsh.

Katie is originally from Ohio and still has family here that she visits. So weird to think about - Katie is from OH and moved to TX and I am from TX and moved to OH. I guess you can say our friendship has come full-circle. Anyway, Katie planned a trip to come up and watch Riley's dance recital about 2 months ago, and we consequently made additional plans. It was so great to just hang out, old-school, sleep-over style. We had pizza, watched Anastasia and Author, went to Pavs Creamery for late-night ice cream, played Memory, painted our nails (Riley picked – Hannah Montana glitter for us all), spun around in a tire swing, hunted down fireflies in the yard, and caught a few rays at the pool. It made me feel like a youngster again, without a worry in the world.

No comments :

Post a Comment