Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dexter Visits Texas

Headin’ out for the 26+ hour road trip to Texas. Leaving the snow for awhile. Awhhhhhhh!!
Dexter actually handled the car-ride better than me, surprisingly!! I’m not going to lie to you though,  Kyle and I had serious (SERIOUS) doubts about how the car trip to Texas would go. A typical car-ride for Dexter is about 30-40 minutes MAX! And he’s bouncing from one window to the next the entire time. Dexter sit/lay in a car = unheard of!
Finally in the great state of Texas!!  After Kyle and I got back from our honeymoon and made the drive from Texas to Ohio in a yellow Penske with my car, Lola in tow...we both swore we’d never do it again. Period. We even went far enough to say that when it came time to move back to Texas we’d hire movers and fly while our belongings were driven down. But honestly, we had a blast on the way down and I think I can safely say that we’d do it again in a heartbeat (when we move back to Texas later this year). 
Crazy story for you...We made it all the way to Navasota (2+ days of driving) and only 30 minutes from our destination when it happened. Red and blue flashing lights appeared in the rearview mirror (of course I was driving) and a policeman pulled us over. At this point Kyle and I were so delirious all we could do was laugh (like belly laughing can’t catch your breath laughing). Very inappropriate in the eyes of an officer of the law. Lucky for us, we didn’t get a ticket. I’m pretty sure after the officer saw our 90+ pound pup in the backseat, the weird arrangement of wrapping paper and baked goods stuffed in random configurations throughout the car (and knowing we’d been driving for 25+ hours) he couldn’t help but feel sorry for us. Plus, I’m sure he didn’t want to make me bust out my evading a traffic ticket tears (wink, wink)...
Mallie loved Dexter. And as you can tell from this picture, she could have easily saddled him and ridden him around the Christmas tree. Even though he’s not around kiddos at all in Ohio, he took all the kiddos like a champ....every poke, accidental paw smash, or use as a comfy seat. He’d even do tricks when they asked :) Phew! 
And, he didn’t decide to tackle any Christmas trees or attack any elves or Santas. 
Which for us means, Christmas with Dexter = SUCCESS!!
Santa lookout....
Peeking out of my parent’s garage door window. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucky for Dexter, my best friend Ali and her pup, Maggie welcomed us into their casa with open arms and waggin’ tails! Dexer and Maggie didn’t know what to do with each other for about half-a-day. After they got comfortable and realized no one was going anywhere, they became the best of buds....
And both share a dislike of being put in the backyard (when they know someone is home). Both need to be a part of everything/anything thats going on. HaHa!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a pup and haven’t been to the new puppy park in Brenham, you are seriously missing out. Its amazing and huge! There’s so much to do and its pretty fantastic. Dexter and Maggie tore it up!
I mean “tore it up” quite literally with regards to Dexter. The first day we went, he was going thru the agility course. He is pretty great at most of the obstacles, but I’ll admit he had never experienced a see-saw. So, when he passed the midpoint and the see-saw began to totter (or teeter) whichever is the same as go downward really fast...He opted to evacuate the stunt altogether. Meaning he sprung off the see-saw like a diving board with the end result being a collapsed see-saw. Ali of course helped me  get the see-saw back in shape, but it was hilarious and Dexter is definitely NOT a fan of the see-saw.

No comments :

Post a Comment