Friday, January 31, 2014

5 Years as Mr. and Mrs.

Kyle, 

Five years ago today, we became husband and wife. At 25 and 28 (2 days short of 29), we were just a couple of youngsters in love. We didn’t know a lot back then, but we knew one thing for certain; we belonged together. And now, half a decade later, I can say with absolute certainty that the past five years have been the best of my entire life. I’m only 29 so maybe that’s not saying very much, but I mean it all the same.
I don’t tell you this as often as I should, but I love being your wife. In fact, I’m proud to be your wife. You continue to amaze me year after year with your ability to selflessly love me and put up with me and my shenanigans, day in and day out. You deserve more than a blog post, you deserve a trophy.
You have supported me for five years through pharmacy school/rotations. You were the one telling me “you can” when I didn’t think I could, the one telling me “you will” when I didn’t think I would. You have supported my pursuit of getting my Pharm.D. and becoming a pharmacist along with every other tiny venture (furniture refinishing/painting/gardening) I’ve taken on, all without blinking an eye or making me feel guilty once. I would not be where I am today, doing what I’m doing, chasing dreams, without you. That is a fact. You have been my rock, my coach in the corner, and my daily encouragement for five whole years. Thank you for believing in me, and for helping me believe in myself.
This is going to be a huge year for us with graduation in May, law exam and boards to follow, starting a new job, transferring markets, and moving back to Texas, all just around the corner. We’re on a new adventure now, you and I, and there’s nobody I’d rather be frolicking through life with than you.  Thank you for loving me the way that you do. Cheers to the second half of this decade, and many many more to come. I love you, Kyle Hafner. Always have, always will.
To celebrate 5 years as Mr. and Mrs., we spent an evening at the amazing, luxurious Walden Spa. Just relaxing, enjoying wine, and being pampered for 4+ hours (without cell phones or projects to worry with)...
Best. Anniversary. Gift. EVER... 

No comments :

Post a Comment