Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I ❤ When Friends Visit :)

I feel like I’m constantly scheming ways to pick up my best friends who now live all over the country and plop them all here in Ohio to live near us --although I know this state is not prime real estate :). Wouldn’t it be something, though?!?! Until I am able to figure out how to make it happen, I’m just very grateful to have friends visit us here in the great state of Ohio (please note the use of sarcasm when I say, “great state” of Ohio)!

My 2 roomies who live in Chicago right now came down to see us for a few days last week and let me tell you, it was such a treat…emphasis on TREAT! They are 2 of my best & closest friends and we haven’t seen each other since July, so having them here for a few days was extra special! Plus, we were able to celebrate “Friends-giving” with every side, fix in’, beverage, and turkey-dish known to man; enjoyed some brews at the Great Lakes Brewery, survived a food coma by watching the Mindy Project + A couple of the best movies EVER (Elf + Free Willy), attempted to learn 1 of 344 line dances @ the Dusty Armadillo, nommed at Franklin Square Deli, Mike’s Place,  & Tacos Tontos (not in the same day…I know what you were thinking!), partook in the nightlife of downtown Kent…..Oh yeah….We also picked up a stray pup and brought him home!  Normally not the greatest of great ideas to pick up a dog running down the road, but picking up Pedro was meant to be! And after a couple of baths and some grub I think Pedro was quite the charmer, potty-trained and all (and yes, we named the lil’ guy)!  
Last week was pretty wonderful in my book.
@ the Great Lakes Brewery

First snowfall of 2012…hard to see from this pic but its the only one I have.  Sorry!
AND NOW…..INTRODUCING….THE DUSTY ARMADILLO!!!!!
I SPY…someone doing the splits
At this point we had given up on the line-dancing.  Seriously never a song repeated and every line-dance was completely different.  Who knew Ohioans were the line dancing champs of the universe?!?!  
Had to post a short video from the Dusty Armadillo.  Any description or picture really just couldn’t do it justice. There were SO many people there, I’m sure most traveled from out-of-state because I know the population of Rootstown, OH isn’t that grand! Seriously…suspected line dancing cult in Portage County!
 Then on the way home from a night of attempted line dancing…..
We found PEDRO sprinting down the middle of the road in 29 degree weather!!!
He was SO SO SO cold + terrified….
A 5lb. dog doesn’t really have much to keep him warm!
At the vet having him check for a microchip the next morning!

No comments :

Post a Comment