Well, I guess things started going downhill on Wednesday afternoon. On my way back from interning at the VA in Cleveland, I decided to take the toll road and unfortunately got stuck behind two 18-wheelers who were playing the “Let’s not pass each other game” (this went on for about 20-miles). Then suddenly the 18-wheeler in the lefthand lane (that I was following) sped up and then next thing I know the lane ended and 3 construction cones were flying “projectile-style” from beneath the 18-wheeler’s tires towards me and Lola. Now there was an 18-wheeler to my right, a lane of construction to my left and 2 cars and another 18-wheeler behind me. Apparently my Maria-kart driving skills didn’t translate into real life and I wasn’t able to dodge them all unfortunately, and Lola took a direct hit to the right, front. And there’s a strong possibility that the construction cones in Ohio are made of cement or steel (some material that is very, very hard). Anyway, some parts (that may or may not be important) fell off of my dear Lola -- Update to come later. But since we all know what a trooper Lola is, she didn’t even stutter or shake, and she made it home like a champ, and thank the Lord she did because Kyle was in Indianapolis Monday thru Thursday. Phew!!
Then on Friday, we ended up taking Dexter to the vet. Following an accidental, water-bowl incident (that the water bowl lost) last week during a footrace up the stairs, one of his toenails on his back, right foot was bleeding a bit. We cleaned it up and took a good look at it, and nothing was broken and he seemed to care less. No limp or hobble, really didn’t even notice. So we kept an eye on it but didn’t rush to the vet, until Friday that is. He didn’t eat breakfast and when I got home from class and was changing to go intern at the VA, he wouldn’t stop licking his foot. So, I took a look and noticed a white, pus-bubble under his toenail. Long story short, he’s been confined to a cone-of-shame for 10 days along with antibiotics. Since he was somewhat of a magician in getting out of the cone you buy, our vet gave us instruction to construct this bucket-contraption. Its not pretty but he hasn’t gotten out of it once, and as of today he’s not running into walls, doors, etc anymore. THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG WEEK!!


No comments :
Post a Comment