Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Celebrating Turning 21 (For the 7th time)….

HaHa!  I’m stealing that quote from Mr. Kyle Hafner who threw it out the 2nd time I was carded on my birthday.  I’m not complaining about being carded though, except now my driver’s license is expired (on the “To Do” list)… Regardless…it was a birthday for the books. Kyle had planned an afternoon cruise on the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie aboard Cleveland’s Goodtime III.  Unfortunately for us…the traffic on 77 didn’t cooperate with our departure time and we arrived just in time…..
That’s right…just in time to see the ship departing without us. BOO!
Regardless, we weren’t going to let that rain on our parade so we opted to check out Cleveland’s newest attraction….The Horseshoe Casino, which just opened this past May.
But due to the extra-long car-ride, missing our boat, and the change of plans…A bathroom pit-stop was needed by one Mrs. Jamie Hafner.  After 5 minutes of one-way streets, turn-arounds, and the non-existent convenient store or fast-food restaurant..I walked into a street-side market to find this sign..
Current time:  3:14 PM (not kidding)… Fortunately a nice gentleman went to grab the keys so that I could use the loo. :) Then on the way out to meet Kyle…I dropped my phone, which is not unusual.  This would probably be the 4,157 time that I’ve dropped it, (down stairs, at work, out of my purse, out of a backpack pocket, etc) but this time it was different…. 
Somehow it still worked until Tuesday when chips of the screen began to fall out. Regardless, we went on to gamble our $$ away at the casino (no…the blackjack dealer didn’t  care that it was my birthday) and then headed home for dinner and playtime with Dexter….
Yes…this is a Hornet’s nest in a tree where we play frisbee with Dexter.  Lucky for us, it was empty!  I just thought it was really cool. I’ve actually never seen one before.
Plus, I got to open some pretty awesome gifts and received tons of happy birthdays which really made my day!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I even got a new, sparkly necklace from Kyle ;) AND…my favorite birthday text probably EVER….(I promise it’ll put a grin on your face too)!!!! From Miss Mallie (+ Lindsey & Joe, of course)….
 It’s your birthday….
and you can cry if you want to!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment