Friday night Kyle and I were watching 21 Jumpstreet (which, on a side note, is pretty darn hilarious). Out of nowhere there is this huge BANG that I can best explain as something similar to what I imagine a cannon sounds like when fired. This was followed by squealing tires, sirens, Dexter going ballistic, and Kyle peeking out the front window just in time to catch a glimpse of the high-speed cop chase blazing thru the cul de sac and a cop car ending up in our driveway. Its important for me to emphasize that the roads around Bradylake aren’t roads…they’re paths that fit only 1 car at a time. That’s right, there’s no 2-way traffic on some of these narrow roads, only reverse and waiting for your turn. That’s what brought the cop into our driveway because there’s an outlet “AKA: Cypress Avenue” that’s not found on a map from the backside of the cul de sac that the getaway car took (and somehow survived going at least 55mph). The cop missed the turn and then circled back around to our driveway. Kyle told him where the car had gone and that Cypress Ave. was a road (not a driveway). I don’t know how that getaway driver did it in this maze of deadends but the cops didn’t catch him! Oh yeah…that loud bang that we heard was the fast-and-furious car wrecking into our neighbor’s truck that he parks on the side of the road. That’s why Cherry Lane was blocked off for the remainder of Friday night with flares, parked police cars, and people pacing up-and-down the road examining the tire marks that Speedy Gonzales left!! If I hear anything more about why the chase started in the first place or if the culprits are caught I’ll be sure to post an update.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment