Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lone Star Showdown

Thursday night I was one of the 88,000 fans in attendance at the 118th Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry game.  I guess I could say it was my first and last game to attend at Kyle Field, since the rivalry is ending with A&M’s move to the SEC. 
FACT:  being a burnt-orange spec in the midst of a maroon, towel-waving, and very loud crowd is scary!!
I’ll admit I felt my heart drop to my boots when A&M scored on their first drive & even more so going into half-time with the scoreboard reading 16-7 (A&M).  The game was insane, heart throbbing, and couldn’t have ended more perfectly with UT winning the game (27-25). 
At times the end of this rivalry felt like a goodbye between longtime friends, complete with a halftime in which The Longhorn band spelled out 'Thanks A&M' while playing "Thanks for the Memories”, while The A&M band “sawed our horns off”.  It was a terrific experience and I owe a very special thanks to Kelc & Rocky for my ticket.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AND……HOOK ‘EM!!!!!!


















Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment