Mom, Kelc, and I headed on a mini-road trip to Austin for a Ladies Day out on the town. Mom had her hair beautified by Linda while Kelc and I enjoyed facials. Afterwards, we hit up our favorite shopping spots and found some must haves that we couldn’t live without (cough, cough). And of course, last but not least, we headed to Kerby Lane for some Kerby Queso. YUM! It was a great day with the ladies and we all enjoyed some much needed leisure time and chitchat.
Day 7:
Wednesday afternoon I headed to Austin (yes…again!) but this time to hang out with mis amigos and check out the new pool at the Hartford House! Can I just say…JEALOUS!! It looks like something straight out of magazine and it leaves me wondering why the pool fairy couldn’t have delivered it while I was still living there. After I picked my jaw up off the ground, Kenya, Jason, Bruce, and I headed out for a night on the town. As a nightcap, we enjoyed a teeth-chattering dip in the pool. Burrr!
Day 8-9
Thursday night was a big deal…a sleepover with my Godchild, Kennedy! She was such a sweetheart and was quite the trooper for it being her first sleepover (not at MaMa and PaPa’s)! After meeting Kim in Navasota, we headed to watch MacKenzie’s last soccer game, and let me just say that MacKenzie is a soccer superstar. After a win for the Comets we headed out to Lake Somerville to play with Austin, Avery, and Caleb. As we were driving into the campground, we saw about 20 deer in an open field, but Kennedy identified them as Reindeer. I must say it was refreshing to see the world from a child’s perspective again, and it was adorable to watch her face light up when she spotted them. The next day, it was also pretty entertaining to watch people’s faces when Kennedy told the story of how we saw Reindeer at the lake. Austin, Avery, Caleb, and Kennedy had a time playing together; riding tricycles to the playground, playing hide-and-seek, roasting marshmallows, and throwing pebbles in the lake. A good time was had by all.
Friday morning, Kennedy and I headed to McDonald’s for pancakes and eggs. Halfway through breakfast, I could no longer put play time on the backburner, so we headed into the maze of slides, stairs, and tunnels. It was then that I came to the realization that I didn’t fit in the Brenham McDonald’s Playground as well as I once did. Sad but true. We had a blast though and when we left it looked as if we had put our fingers into an electric socket because our hair was standing straight on end. After leaving McDonald’s, even though I think Kennedy would have been content playing all day, we headed to help with the set-up of Chuck and Sara’s wedding reception. We helped out for a bit and then we were off to Silver Wings for some skating fun. We couldn’t find skates that fit just right (maybe had something to do with nap time being right around the corner), so we ended up playing video games for a couple of hours. One game in particular seemed to be Kennedy’s favorite, The Race Car. If her driving on this game is any indication of what the future holds when she turns 16, roadside trees and eighteen wheelers should watch out because she seems to enjoy plowing into them. Kennedy and I had a jam-packed couple of days and had a great time together. I am so glad that I got to spend some one-on-one time with her!!
Sara and Chuck get Hitched – just a few pictures..You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words anyway. It was a gorgeous ceremony, fun reception, and the bride looked phenomenal.
Day 11:
The Bluebonnet Festival, Downtown Brenham, Must Be Heaven, and tennis matches between Ali, Rocky, Kelc, and I…are just a few of the things I miss about living in Texas. Before I headed back to Ohio on Monday, I made sure to check each of these off my list.
No comments :
Post a Comment