Saturday, February 13, 2010

Things that make my Heart Happy!

Yesterday, I received Valentine cards/treats in the mail. Besos to the friends & family that sent them! Typically, I’m a HUGE fan of any sort of mail (exception: bills) that has my name on it, but yesterday I absolutely felt like a kid in grade school again watching my decorated Valentine’s bag fill up with notes, cards, and candy. I was so excited!!

Of course….and as always….the fierce non-supporter of the Hallmark-Hershey Holiday, I felt my heart growing like the Grinch’s as I opened each card. So, even though I think there shouldn’t be ONE day you tell the special people in your life you love them with chocolate or flowers, I will say….Valentines Day is definitely growing on me. This got me to thinking of the little things in my life that I love that often get little recognition or the, “I love you” they sometimes should. So….
100 things that make my heart happy:
  1. A hug from a loved one
  2. How clean sheets smell
  3. The smile you get in return when smiling at someone
  4. The dentist tells you…no cavities
  5. Family  
  6. A warm summer day
  7. Catching up with friends
  8. Friends  
  9. Sleeping in
  10. Foot rubs from the hubs 
  11. The sound of rain
  12. Grande Vanilla Latte 
  13. The smell of fresh cut grass
  14. Licking the bowl when making cookies or cake..YUM!
  15. Acting your shoe size
  16. Being with family
  17. When the sun goes behind a big thick cloud on a hot day
  18. Waking up energized
  19. Laughing until I can’t catch my breath
  20. Enjoying an adult beverage with good friends 
  21. Dancing (like a white girl) 
  22. Hot showers 
  23. The song Drops Of Jupiter by Train 
  24. Getting letters in the mail
  25. Talking to my mom on the phone
  26. Hearing the words ” I Love you”
  27. Arts and craft projects
  28. Traveling 
  29. Thrift shops 
  30. Playing Rock Band  
  31. Taking photographs
  32. Road trips
  33. Themed parties
  34. Red wine 
  35. Diet coke
  36. Nerds jellybeans 
  37. Surprises 
  38. Blue Bell Ice Cream
  39. Playing pitch
  40. Playing 42
  41. The smell of old books
  42. Having a great dream, and remembering it
  43. Schlitterbahn
  44. A great haircut (by: Linda)
  45. Holding hands in church
  46. Realizing I still remember childhood phone numbers 
  47. Dancing with my husband
  48. My Pookey
  49. Hardwood floors 
  50. Floating a river 
  51. Pedicures 
  52. Mexican restaurants 
  53. Fishing 
  54. BINGO 
  55. Lola 
  56. DVR
  57. Chuck Norris facts
  58. Playing Frisbee 
  59. Wrestling
  60. Jumping pictures 
  61. Bubble wrap 
  62. Seeing a gumball machine and having a quarter
  63. Tie-dye
  64. Carving pumpkins
  65. When a long-awaited visitors arrives
  66. Amusement parks
  67. Mascara
  68. Fireworks (specifically sparklers)
  69. Lightning bugs
  70. Christmas Eve church service
  71. Madam Mam’s NS9
  72. Rescuing the princess in Mario Brothers(Original Nintendo)
  73. WC Fair
  74. Cooking  
  75. Going to Grandma's house = still fun
  76. Cheese
  77. Drinking a beer with my dad on the back porch 
  78. The color purple 
  79. Not putting money in the meter and not getting a ticket. 
  80. Rotary phones
  81. Fingerless gloves
  82. Riding my bike
  83. Open windows in summer. And blowing curtains
  84. Being married 
  85. Dark nail polish
  86. Watching strangers
  87. Brain-rot television (sometimes)
  88. Toasting marshmallows on an open fire
  89. Pickle sickles
  90. Bluebonnets
  91. Naps
  92. Waking up before my alarm
  93. Checking things off a to-do list
  94. The snooze button
  95. The feeling you have after a good run or workout 
  96. Watching a movie that makes me cry
  97. Diving boards
  98. My “J” necklace
  99. Cuties – the clementines!
  100. Backyard barbeques
Happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment