So, what's going on with us? I started Winter Quarter last Monday and have spent the past two weeks battling the snow that finally stopped falling on Thursday. Its really funny, I never thought I'd be able to use the excuse...I had to walk a half mile in the snow everyday to get to school - but here I am, 25 years old and doing it every morning! I have two snow-related mishaps to report: Monday was my first day to actually drive in the snow and I have never in my life driven so slowly or had more people honk and flash their lights at me. I guess I need a bumper sticker that says, "Give me a break...I'm from Texas." I now leave at 6:45 to make it to class driving 35 mph on the freeway. The second problem (no I didn't fall....yet) was my boot busting as I was walking to class on Tuesday morning. So, I got snow in my boot and spent my morning classes distracted with what seemed to be certain frost bite. Okay, it really wasn't that severe - I still have all ten toes but now have one less pair of boots.
Kyle is actually in Austin for his annual AMBA meeting this weekend. I have gone with him for the past 5 years, but with two exams next week and work, I stayed here to study (BLAH). He is flying back to Columbus this afternoon and will bring the top tier of our wedding cake so we can eat it on the 31st. Since neither of us had more than a bite of cake at the wedding, we are both pretty excited about trying it. Never thought I'd say I was looking forward to eating cake that was a year old. I'll keep you posted on how it is.
More blogs to come soon!
No comments :
Post a Comment