Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cake Catastrophe

As most of you know, I love cake and have been anxiously waiting to partake in the one-year anniversary tradition of eating the top layer of wedding cake. Especially since I only had ONE bite at the wedding! 
Last night, I initially planned to eat it at midnight, but I thought that might make me sound a bit like a “fat kid” and with a bit of persuasion from Kyle...we waited until this morning. :)

Yesterday evening we took the cake out of the freezer, unwrapped it, and set it out to defrost (made the whole apartment smell delicious). Then around 10PM, I came up with the genious idea to put it in the cake dome to keep it moist as it unthawed during the night. When I woke up this morning I was a horrified to find this….

Looks like a snowman built in Texas in July. 

I was going to try and "re-icing" the cake, but was not very successful - especially with the small pieces of cake in the "melted icing".  Regardless, I wasn't going to let a bit of missing icing discourage me (I think Kyle was a bit more hesitant), but I must say that it was DE-licous!! 


  

No comments :

Post a Comment