AND...It is true. I’m pregnant! This is why I have been MIA more than usual from the blog, but I figure its time to share the tale of how we came to find out we were...(j+1)+k.
I remember my heart beating really fast as I sat on the toilet waiting for the test to turn. I was nervous that I was pregnant and nervous that I wasn’t. I looked at the test and my first words about my child were “oh shit.” Mother of the year already.
Prior to getting pregnant, I’d thought about it of course....everything perfectly planned and even had a couple of darn cute ways to tell Kyle the big news “SURPRISE”! In all of the scenarios we were expecting to be expecting, all part of our master plan. However, it turns out subtlety is not my strong point and the instant that second line appeared, all previous plans flew out of the window and Kyle knew exactly 2 seconds after I did.
We smiled. Freaked out. Panicked. Followed by an onslaught of emotions.... Disbelief. Excitement. Shock. Terror. Happiness. But what? and I had a panic attack and then was happy and cried and then freaked again. Then realizing that the test had expired in 2011...there was a quick trip to the store...followed by 3 more pregnancy tests (all positive)...
Kyle was in complete beast mode. Cool, calm and collected. I guess one of us had to be somewhat sane considering I was peeing on sticks, searching the internet for pregnancy test results/accuracy of expired tests, panicking then excited, happy then freaked. That man, he is going to be the best dad. He has taken such good care of me, more so than the usual....ridiculously over the top. He is just amazing.
I feel okay, thanks for asking. And since you are wondering, I haven't been HORRIBLY sick. I only say that because I know there are women who have had it so much worse so I am trying to keep perspective. I have had just the usual feelings of fatigue, queasy all day, dry heaving, vomiting in target parking lots and a couple of trashcan rendezvous while on rounds on my pediatric ICU rotation. Really the vomiting has been the biggest bummer (especially trying to be desecrate at a seconds notice). The whole experience of puking is traumatizing. It’s pitiful really, BUT I will say it has helped me move past my fear of being sick in public places. Silver linings.
I will stop there for now so I don’t overwhelm you, but a lil’ nugget is on board and after the initial shock...we’re absolutely thrilled and looking forward to our family growing (this time by 2 feet)! February 15th is the due date for Baby H, or you know, sometime around that date.
I remember my heart beating really fast as I sat on the toilet waiting for the test to turn. I was nervous that I was pregnant and nervous that I wasn’t. I looked at the test and my first words about my child were “oh shit.” Mother of the year already.
Prior to getting pregnant, I’d thought about it of course....everything perfectly planned and even had a couple of darn cute ways to tell Kyle the big news “SURPRISE”! In all of the scenarios we were expecting to be expecting, all part of our master plan. However, it turns out subtlety is not my strong point and the instant that second line appeared, all previous plans flew out of the window and Kyle knew exactly 2 seconds after I did.
We smiled. Freaked out. Panicked. Followed by an onslaught of emotions.... Disbelief. Excitement. Shock. Terror. Happiness. But what? and I had a panic attack and then was happy and cried and then freaked again. Then realizing that the test had expired in 2011...there was a quick trip to the store...followed by 3 more pregnancy tests (all positive)...
Kyle was in complete beast mode. Cool, calm and collected. I guess one of us had to be somewhat sane considering I was peeing on sticks, searching the internet for pregnancy test results/accuracy of expired tests, panicking then excited, happy then freaked. That man, he is going to be the best dad. He has taken such good care of me, more so than the usual....ridiculously over the top. He is just amazing.
I feel okay, thanks for asking. And since you are wondering, I haven't been HORRIBLY sick. I only say that because I know there are women who have had it so much worse so I am trying to keep perspective. I have had just the usual feelings of fatigue, queasy all day, dry heaving, vomiting in target parking lots and a couple of trashcan rendezvous while on rounds on my pediatric ICU rotation. Really the vomiting has been the biggest bummer (especially trying to be desecrate at a seconds notice). The whole experience of puking is traumatizing. It’s pitiful really, BUT I will say it has helped me move past my fear of being sick in public places. Silver linings.
I will stop there for now so I don’t overwhelm you, but a lil’ nugget is on board and after the initial shock...we’re absolutely thrilled and looking forward to our family growing (this time by 2 feet)! February 15th is the due date for Baby H, or you know, sometime around that date.
1st Ultrasound @ 8 weeks (July 7th)
Heart rate: 167 bpm & measuring approximately 1” in length



I am sooooo happy for y'all. I am especially happy about the due date - my b-day!! Yeah!! Y'all are going to be amazing parents. Enjoy the journey. Record the journey - scrapbook!!
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs, Susan