Thursday, October 20, 2011

CAUTION: Exotic Animals

Never did I ever believe that I would see a sign warning drivers to be cautious of exotic animals and to stay inside their vehicles. Lions, tigers, bears, and wolves.  And I’m not talking about circus or zoo animals here folks.  Although typing that last sentence makes me think of the irony that lies in the fact that PETA has been in Cleveland this week protesting the Ringling Brothers’ Circus and just 2 hours away the city of Zanesville suddenly became the location of a non-optional “Safari”.  The worst part….. it was reported today that 49 of the animals have been killed, including 18 Bengal tigers and 17 lions.  Although there is still one monkey unaccounted for, a few animals including 1 cub grizzly, 2 monkeys, and 3 leopards were found and are being cared for at the Columbus zoo.
An extremely sad situation and such a tragedy to think of the loss of all of the beautiful, rare animals.

Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment