Thursday, January 13, 2011

Date Night turned Weekend

DATE NIGHT!  Last Friday, Kyle took me out on a date.  Not groundbreaking news, I know…we’re MARRIED.  But, we typically have a "date night" at least once a week.  That is, of course, until I started pharmacy school!!  Since starting I must admit I've progressively gotten worse about substituting books/library/study groups/sleep for the night out with the HUBS.  Sorry Husband!  
When it comes down to it nowadays, I would rather stay in my comfortable sweats, order take-out, and watch a movie….and maybe get a foot rub?!?!?! Who can really argue with comfortable clothes, not cooking, and staying out of the snow = PERFECT.  BUT, I must admit Friday night was a gem of a date.  Kyle made reservations at a Mediterranean restaurant in Akron, cleverly named, VegiTerranean.  We enjoyed a great view (thru the snow-y blizzard), sweet potato fries, an adult beverage or two (AKA…Margarita Martini = dangerous), delicious food, laughs, and just a great night!  If it was our first date I would have been telling my friends, “I’m going to marry this guy.” 
Follow a night out-on-the-town with a spa package and you’d have one seriously happy wife {any married, male readers…TAKE NOTE} Well, that is exactly what happened Saturday morning at 10 AM.  I was finally able to cash-in on the birthday present Kyle got me. …and it was amazing.  I couldn’t tell you half of the things that happened to me between 10 and 4 that day, but I left feeling wonderful and relaxed.  And let me tell you, “relaxed” doesn’t come easily to this pharmacy school student these days.  A perfect weekend…Now if only there was a repeat button.  










No comments :

Post a Comment