Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Refectory

Dear Husband,

On Saturday night you took me out on an unexpected date night. After being apart all week with you in Connecticut and just walking in the door from working a nine hour Saturday, I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful evening.

Destination: The Refectory Restaurant and Bistro (originally a church built in the 1800's). I don’t know how you knew…but I’ve wanted to go to that place for months. I loved how we turned dinner into a nearly four hour endeavor of laughter-filled conversation and had a waiter with access to what seemed like an endless supply of wine pairings. The food…. my mouth is starting to water just thinking about it – so yummy. We didn’t even need a to-go box! After finishing the “to-die-for” desert, we drove home with the windows down, you held my hand the entire way. We picked out our future (would like live in) houses on the way through Powell. We got home and walked around while no one was out – just you and me under the star-filled sky. I loved everything about this night and hope to remember it forever.

i love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment