Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life Lately….

So, we are 147% certain that a skunk sprayed our front porch this week. Still is smelly but I can’t soak the porch in a bathtub of tomato sauce. To make it even worse I think that smelly beast ate my plants. Seriously…ate every petal of every bloom from all of my plants. I guess I should cut him some slack…He needs all the help he can get in the “perfume” department. 
Any ideas about how long this stench will linger on the front porch? It even rained 2x since and it still reeks…
On another note about pesky pests…we’re still battling these ground hornets. Kyle and Dexter have both been bitten since the last time I blogged about these beasts. Dexter’s curiosity got the best of him last week when we were getting home from a walk and Kyle actually got bit this past weekend when attempting to pull a “sneak attack” on the hornets after he finished mowing. Anyway, on Tuesday night  we spotted the mother of all hornets in our garage when when I got back from walking Dex. So I of course ran inside (don’t want my name added to the bitten list - ya know).  5 minutes later Kyle walked in the door with 3 HUGE “queen-ish” hornets in his hand. Its apparent we have a hornet infestation here at Cherry Lane. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but hopefully it’ll snow early this year….and the ice cold bite of winter will take care of our yard guests. 

No comments :

Post a Comment