Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We ❤ Visitors

Last weekend my parentals came to visit us. 
Have I mentioned how much we ❤ having friends & family visit us here in Ohio!
On Wednesday when they first got to the house Dexter was oober excited to see them. He nearly tackled them (especially my mom) before they even walked thru the front door. Dexter took no time in showing off his superstar sense of smell (especially when it comes to food) by sniffing out the airplane snacks my mom had packed in her purse. Such a lil’ scavenger he is…
And yes they were both shocked at how big he was. And now that I mention it, since most of our visitors claim Dexter is a small horse; I’m beginning to think it might be true and that the size of our house has nothing to do with it. I guess we’ve just gotten used to our 92-pound pup. :)

Basically, all my good intentions and planning went out the window as soon my Mom asked, “What’s the weather going to be like so I know what to pack”? 
When I looked at the forecast all-day, everyday, there was… 
Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain.Rain.
Basically the forecast was darn accurate and it rained part of every single day of their visit. Which of course meant that the hot air balloon festival in Ashland, Grapes & Ale @ Progressive Field, and the cornhole tournament @ Rico’s in Brimfield were now off the table. For all you Texans who may have forgotten what rain is..enjoy the video…I swear, with it raining and pouring everyday, I’m thinking the sky’s going to run out of raindrops here pretty soon…
Luckily, the rain did hold-off long enough for us to enjoy a few drinks around the fire pit and some scrumptious burgers from the grill Thursday night. It was a relaxing weekend that somehow flew by in the blink of an eye. 
We enjoyed margs at Guacamole’s, went to Summerfest in the newly renovated downtown Kent, tried the new Salsa restaurant & did a bit of window shopping, mom & I enjoyed a mani/pedi, and of course there were some intense card games that lingered into the late night hours most nights. My dad cooked up some delicious grub and spoiled us rotten..Kyle & I swear we each gained at least 5 lbs in 4 days. We all learned a thing or two about dryer sheets, mosquitos, and lemon meringue pie…that’s for sure.


      
Downtown Kent - 2012
Downtown Kent - 2013
Enjoying frozen yogurt at YogurtVi..Its pretty much like Spoons in College Station if you’ve been.
We’re still enjoying the Texas-grown veggies that my parents brought up for us. Not lying, one piece of their luggage was filled with nothing but yummy garden goodies. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 
And since Ohio is a good 3-months behind Texas’ growing season, we’ll hopefully be able to repay them with our very own Ohio-grown veggies…


No comments :

Post a Comment