Dexter’s had a week that deserves to be blogged about…
Tuesday he finally underwent the “BIG snip”.
I’m not going to lie…I still feel guilty for taking away the lil’ guys manhood. :(
Then the very next day (July 4th) he was stung (not by one, but by TWO) ground wasps. He was literally shaking and his look said it all, “What the hell? I thought you were supposed to be my humans”?!?!?
Anyway, these ground wasps are relentless. They look exactly like bees and act like killer bees because of the fact that once one stings the entire swarm is out to get you. Which brings up the fact that Kyle and I have officially become “unsuccessful exterminators (to-date) ”.
So far we’ve tried pouring boiling water down the hole.
Then a second attempt including pesticide with a glass bowl covering the hole to prevent the worker wasps from re-entering the hive.
Our last attempt was gasoline….at the recommendation of, well….Everyone around the neighborhood. It was a last ditch effort rooted in pure desperation, following stings 3 and 4...(Dexter and then Kyle). Yep, you’re correct in assuming I am sting-free to date. I guess my Dad’s bee-keeping skills somehow rubbed off on me :)… Pretty sure I’ll be stung tomorrow because of saying that.

No comments :
Post a Comment