Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Deals @ Goodwill...

Wednesday afternoon I ventured into the local Goodwill on the hunt for a larger water bowl for Dexter.  And all I can say is I’m glad I made an impulsive purchase :)    
This was just too amazing of a deal not to share…..So, here it goes!!  And yes, I paid $20 for the sewing machine.  Honest.
Tagged for sale “AS IS”…we all know what that means….This “piece" isn’t going to work but you can still buy it and then invest 325 times what you paid to get it to work again… I decided I should ask why the “as is” tag?!?!?  When the gal told be it was because, "The sewing machine wouldn’t stay up because the panel is broken”... I grinned...Those of you who grew up with one of these at your Grandma’s house will understand why I immediately bought it! :)
Got it home (in my tiny car somehow).  I’m sure the employees at Goodwill will be talking about “that lady" who crammed 3 pieces of furniture into a Toyota Corolla for at least the next few days.  At least I was prepared…bungee cords, moving blankets, and a screwdriver just in case anything HAD to be dissembled to fit.  
Got it home and heaved it out into the garage to plug her in….and everything worked.  
I also grabbed these 2 stools for $8. Haven’t decided if I should stain or paint them yet.  
And I just couldn’t walk out of the door without this set of 7 baskets for $10.

2 comments :

  1. I love good deals at the Goodwill! You really scored some good finds, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you did find a good deal! and the baskets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete